This was delicious! I couldn't find refrigerated linguine, so I just used the dry stuff. The lemon makes the pasta really nice and creamy.
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Caroline M. Cunningham
From the Kitchen of Marian Cooper Cairns, Birmingham, AL. "Add cooked shrimp for a heartier main, or white beans for a vegetarian option."
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 main-dish or 6 to 8 side-dish servings
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds small zucchini, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (9-oz.) package refrigerated fettuccine pasta, cooked, or 1 (8.8-oz.) package pappardelle pasta, cooked
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted walnuts
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Melt butter with olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; add shallots, and sauté 2 minutes. Add zucchini; sauté 5 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Stir in minced garlic, and cook 1 minute. Remove from heat; stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, kosher salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Toss in cooked pasta, fresh mint, walnuts, and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle with feta cheese just before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note