Zucchini and Harissa Bruschetta
Harissa, a fiery North African seasoning paste based on chiles and spices, gives these simple but exciting appetizers their kick. If you're doubling or tripling the recipe for a party, you can set out the toppings and the grilled toasts brushed with olive oil to let your guests build their own.
More From Sunset
- Calories: 162
- Calories from fat: 36%
- Protein: 4.9g
- Fat: 6.9g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrate: 20g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sodium: 276mg
- Cholesterol: 5mg
- 1 medium zucchini
- 3 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- About 2 tbsp. harissa paste
- 10 baguette slices, brushed with olive oil and grilled
- 1. Heat grill to high. Slice zucchini lengthwise and grill, turning once, until grill marks appear, about 4 minutes. Let cool, then chop. In a bowl, combine zucchini with feta and oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 2. Spread about 1/2 tsp. prepared harissa on each baguette toast and top each with about 1 tbsp. zucchini mixture.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note