Zucchini Fritters with Feta and Dill
Recipe adapted from Symon’s Live To Cook via Eats Well With Others.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh mint
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) chopped fresh dill
- 1 large scallion, white and green parts, thinly sliced on the bias
- 4 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounce(s) feta cheese, crumbled (I used the Trader Joe’s Mediterranean herb crumbles)
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoon(s) AP flour
- 1. Grate the zucchini on the large holes of a grater onto a clean kitchen towel. (I used 3 paper towels.) Sprinkle with the kosher salt and let it rest while you gather and prep the remaining ingredients. Run to the store. Buy mint and dill. Because sometimes when you go shopping for the week, you forget key ingredients. It happens.
- 2. Wrap the zucchini in about 6 more paper towels and wring as much liquid out as possible (over the sink people!). In a medium bowl, combine the zucchini, mint, scallion, garlic, pepper, feta, and lemon zest. Stir in the egg and flour and mix until well combined.
- 3. Either fry in canola oil. Or fry with non-stick cooking spray. Guess what I did. Cook until the fritters are golden brown on each side, 4 to 6 minutes total.
- 4. Transfer to a plate and serve either with a dollop of Greek yogurt or the couscous salad featured above.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note