Zucchini fritters with chili lime mayo
It's the time of year for zucchini everything! Our zucchini plants have had a particularly fruitful year and I've been looking for yummy ways to use it up. A friend suggested doing a zucchini fritter, which sounded like a brilliant idea. She has lots of brilliant ideas about food. So I set to work on coming up with my own recipe and they turned out amazing the first time. I made a chili lime mayo to serve them with, and MMM! Those flavours together are frittastic! This recipe makes 25-30 fritters so they could be served as a main course or as a party appetizer.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- Here's how I made them:
- vegetable oil for frying
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup prepared mayo
- juice of half a lime
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- I started by pouring the vegetable oil in my skillet so that it was half an inch deep and turned the heat to medium. Meantime, I combined the zucchini, onion, and eggs in a large bowl.
- I gave the mixture a good stir to combine. It got all kinda frothy. Awesome.
- Next, I combined the flour, baking powder, 1/2 tsp of chili powder, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl and stirred to combine. To finish the batter, I added the dry ingredients to the zucchini mixture and folded it all together.
- To test my oil, I dipped a spoon into my batter then dipped the spoon into the oil. Once the oil bubbled in contact with the batter, I knew it was hot enough. I dropped my batter into the oil by the heaping tablespoon, frying about six fritters at a time. They cooked for 2-3 minutes a side. Once the centres were firm, I removed the fritters from the oil and let them drain on a dinner plate lined with paper towel.
- To make the dip, I simply combined the prepared mayo, lime juice, and chili powder in a small mixing bowl and stirred it all up. This is a seriously yummy dip! I love limes. And chili powder. And mayo. So this really couldn't go wrong.
- Adapted from amilyfeedbag.com
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Melissa123 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Zucchini fritters with chili lime mayo Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers