"Vegetarian food served Southern-style: Authors find tasty meat substitutes for classic dishes" by Michael Hastings. Recipe from "The Southern Vegetarian: 100 Down-Home Recipes for the Modern Table" by food writer Amy Lawrence and photographer/writer Justin Fox Burks, a husband and wife from Memphis, TN. Winston-Salem Journal: Wednesday, July 31, 2013.
- 3 cup(s) of peeled, matchstick-cut zucchini (about 1/2-inch thick and 4-inches long)
- 1 teaspoon(s) sea salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup(s) whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup(s) coarse bread crumbs
- 1/4 cube(s) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon(s) grated Parmesan cheese (for garnish)
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped (for garnish)
- Vegetable-Packed Tomato Sauce
- 1. Heat the oven to 415 degrees. In a large bowl sprinkle the zucchini fries with salt and Italian seasoning. Add the flour and toss to coat. Set up two bowls: one with egg and whole milk whisked together and another with bread crumbs.
- 2. Dip each fry in the egg-and-milk mixture and then roll it in the bread crumbs. Place in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat until all the zucchini is used.
- 3. Drizzle the coated fries with olive oil. Bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with Parmesan and parsley and dip into tomato sauce.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note