Don't waste your time with this recipe. It takes forever and is super bland. The veggies need to be sliced or shredded thinly or maybe roasted before hand. If you follow the recipe as is, you end up with crunchy, raw, watery vegetables and unsalted noodles. Not good. At all.
Zucchini Eggplant Lasagna
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 216
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 12.7g
- Carbohydrate: 25.7g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 393mg
- Calcium: 247mg
- 1 large eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package precooked lasagna noodles
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Arrange eggplant slices in a single layer on several layers of paper towels. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt; let stand 15 minutes.
- 3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, oregano, red pepper, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Combine basil, ricotta, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in a small bowl. Spread 1/2 cup tomato mixture into the bottom of a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 noodles over tomato mixture; top with half of eggplant and half of zucchini. Spread ricotta mixture over vegetables; cover with 4 noodles. Spread 1 cup tomato mixture over noodles; layer with remaining eggplant and zucchini slices. Arrange remaining 4 noodles over vegetables, and spread remaining tomato mixture over noodles. Top evenly with mozzarella. Cover with foil coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 25 minutes or until browned. Cool for 5 minutes.
Water tally: 5.8 ounces.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This