fresh tasting, easy to assemble, nice to use up summer crops. i think i would prefer less noodles, maybe zucchini sliced 1/8 inch thin, replacing a layer of lasagna noodle.
Zucchini Eggplant Lasagna
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 216
- Calories from fat: 32%
- Fat: 7.7g
- Saturated fat: 4.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 12.7g
- Carbohydrate: 25.7g
- Fiber: 4.2g
- Cholesterol: 21mg
- Iron: 1.3mg
- Sodium: 393mg
- Calcium: 247mg
- 1 large eggplant, cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (28-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) part-skim ricotta cheese
- Cooking spray
- 1 (8-ounce) package precooked lasagna noodles
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 1/2 cups (10 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Arrange eggplant slices in a single layer on several layers of paper towels. Sprinkle evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt; let stand 15 minutes.
- 3. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic to pan; sauté 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, oregano, red pepper, and tomatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Combine basil, ricotta, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon black pepper in a small bowl. Spread 1/2 cup tomato mixture into the bottom of a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange 4 noodles over tomato mixture; top with half of eggplant and half of zucchini. Spread ricotta mixture over vegetables; cover with 4 noodles. Spread 1 cup tomato mixture over noodles; layer with remaining eggplant and zucchini slices. Arrange remaining 4 noodles over vegetables, and spread remaining tomato mixture over noodles. Top evenly with mozzarella. Cover with foil coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 25 minutes or until browned. Cool for 5 minutes.
Water tally: 5.8 ounces.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This