Good summer food, party food, veggie food.
Zucchini, eggplant, bean salad
Great roasted veggie salad; hot or cold. From Kickwa Tembo Camp, Maasai Mara Reserve, Kenya. Their recipes are written for large crowds and use metric measurements. Adapting for American home use takes some trial and error. This is my best effort to do so. Not to worry, its all good. Substituting other white beans for the cannelloni is ok.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/2 cup(s) 3 zucchini cut length wise
- 2 1/2 cup(s) 3 eggplants cut rounds
- 2 1/2 cup(s) 8 egg tomatoes cut into chunks
- 3 1/2 cup(s) cannellini beans rinsed, drained
- 1 cup(s) cilantro - packed rinsed, drained
- 1/2 cup(s) olive oil extra virgin
- 1 cup(s) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) cumin seeds
- 2 clove(s) garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper ground
- 1/4 cup(s) chilli sauce optional
- 1/8 cup(s) sesame seeds optional
- Prepare veggies.
- Grill zucchini and eggplants until brown both sides and tender.
- Combine veggies with beans and cilantro in large bowl.
- Make dressing;
- Combine lemon juice, garlic, and seeds. Whisk in chilli sauce and olive oil.
- Put 1/2 dressing on veggies and mix.
- Serve chicken on salad, drizzle remaining dressing over all.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MJ Holderer and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note