Zucchini,Eggplant, and Green Beans with tomatoes (What's Cooking USA)
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 large tomatoes stem end remove
- 1 large zucchini sliced
- 1 medium onion cut in half and sliced
- 1 medium japanese eggplant sliced
- 4 clove(s) garlic peeled sliced thin
- 1 handful young green beans cut into 2" lenghts
- Fresh oregano leaves and flowers*
- fresh thyme sprigs
- pinch(s) saffron
- several shakes of Zatar**
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- * Fresh oregano is preferred for this recipe, and if you have it in your garden, be sure to use the flowers.
- ** Zatar is a popular spice/herb blend of the Middle East and is used in many Turkish dishes. Crushed sumac is mixed with thyme leaves, salt, and sesame seed creating a flavorful tabletop condiment.
- If you have an instant hot water tap at your sink, fill a four cup measuring cup with the hot water and add tomatoes. If not, boil water and pour over tomatoes. Let sit a few minutes until you can easily peel skins. Cut into quarters and set aside.
- To a large saute' pan, add olive oil onion, saute' over medium-high heat until onions begin to soften. Add zucchini, eggplant, garlic and green beans, and saute'. Add salt at this time as it helps to release juices from the vegetables.
- Note: If the vegetables seem dry, add a little chicken broth, Place lid askew on pan and let the mixture cook until softened.
- Add the peeled tomatoes, oregano, thyme, saffron, and Zatar; Toss well, replace lid, and turn heat to low and finish cooking. Taste for seasoning and correct to your taste. If desired, drizzle a little more olive oil over vegetables before serving.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by blackkittymagic and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note