Zucchini and Couscous-Stuffed Tomatoes
Prep: 15 minutes; Cook: 24 minutes
You'll need only part of the prepared couscous for this recipe; save the rest to serve as a simple side dish another night. Enjoy these stuffed tomatoes with grilled chicken, lamb, or fish. Or serve two stuffed tomato halves per serving as a meatless main dish.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 133
- Fat: 1.4g
- Saturated fat: 0.4g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 26.5g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 1mg
- Iron: 0.8mg
- Sodium: 572mg
- Calcium: 47mg
- 1 (5.8-ounce) package roasted garlic-and-olive oil couscous (such as Near East)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup diced zucchini (1 medium)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1/2 small)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large tomatoes (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 4 teaspoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 2. Prepare couscous mix according to package directions, omitting fat.
- 3. While couscous stands, heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add zucchini and onion, and sauté 4 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat, and stir in basil, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper. Fluff couscous with a fork. Stir 3/4 cup couscous into zucchini mixture; reserve remaining couscous for another use.
- 4. Cut tomatoes in half crosswise; remove and discard pulp and seeds from tomato halves. Place tomato halves in an 8-inch square baking dish, and sprinkle evenly with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Spoon zucchini mixture evenly into tomato halves. Sprinkle each stuffed tomato half with 1 teaspoon cheese.
- 5. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes or until tomatoes are soft and filling is thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This