I have lots of fresh produce so I added a hot banana pepper, green and red pepper as well as sausage to the recipe. To expedite the process, I used store bought light ricotta. My husband loved it and requested I put this one on "the list" to be made again. A little extra mint might add some zip. I think this is a basic recipe that can be altered according to what you have on hand.
Zucchini, Cherry Tomato, and Fresh Ricotta Pasta
Photo: Becky Luigart-Stayner; Styling: Cindy Barr
Our quick ricotta method is inexpensive and easy, and truly makes this weeknight pasta dish shine.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
Cost per Serving: $1.62
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 380
- Fat: 11.4g
- Saturated fat: 4.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 14.5g
- Carbohydrate: 56.5g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 23mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 593mg
- Calcium: 235mg
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 1/2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 6 quarts water
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and sliced crosswise
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons small mint leaves
- 1. Combine milk and buttermilk in a small heavy saucepan over medium heat; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; drain. Place milk solids in a small bowl; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon salt. Toss gently to combine.
- 2. Bring 6 quarts water to a boil in a large Dutch oven. Stir in 1 tablespoon salt and pasta; cook 7 minutes or until al dente. Drain.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add zucchini; sauté 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in 1/4 teaspoon salt, pepper, and garlic; sauté 2 minutes, stirring frequently; stir in tomatoes. Combine remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt, pasta, and tomato mixture in a large bowl; toss. Top with ricotta and mint.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes