zucchini bread pancakes [smittenkitchen.com]
Community Recipe from
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- 2 tablespoon(s) light brown, dark brown or granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) buttermilk or 2 tablespoons each of milk + plain yogurt, whisked whisked until smooth
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 2 cup(s) zucchini (from about 9 oz whole, or 1 1/2 medium zuc shredded (heaping cups are fine)
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon(s) ground or freshly grated nutmeg
- Butter or oil, for coating skillet
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, olive oil, sugar, buttermilk and vanilla until smooth. Stir in zucchini shreds. In a smaller bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir dry ingredients into zucchini batter, mixing until just combined.
- Preheat oven to 200°F and place a tray — foil-lined if you’re into doing fewer dishes later — on a middle rack.
- Heat a large, heavy skillet (my favorite for pancakes is a cast-iron) over medium heat. Once hot, melt a pat of butter in pan and swirl it around until it sizzles. Scoop scant 1/4-cup dollops of batter (mine were about 3 tablespoons each) in pan so the puddles do not touch. Cook until bubbles appear on the surface, about 2 to 3 minutes. Flip pancakes and cook another minute or two, until golden underneath. Transfer pancakes to prepared pan to keep warm as well as ensure that they’re all cooked through when they’re served. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve warm. Repeat next weekend.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KellyDiff and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
zucchini bread pancakes [smittenkitchen.com] Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breakfast/Brunch
More Recipes for Main Dishes