i really liked this...I didn't make my own ricotta the 2 times I made it, but I would like to try it. Even with store bought, the flavors were wonderful.
Zucchini Boats with Ricotta-Basil Mousse
Use the fragrant cheese stuffing with any mild vegetable, such as bell peppers, mushroom caps, baby eggplant, or tomatoes. Save the scooped-out zucchini pulp for risotto or pasta sauce. You can use a mini chopper to chop the herbs quickly, but do not use it to combine the mousse ingredients, as it will liquefy the ricotta.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 59
- Calories from fat: 43%
- Fat: 2.8g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Carbohydrate: 3.5g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Cholesterol: 9mg
- Iron: 0.5mg
- Sodium: 158mg
- Calcium: 129mg
- 6 small zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Homemade Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Parsley sprigs (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Reserve pulp for another use. Arrange zucchini shells in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Combine basil and next 7 ingredients (through pepper), stirring well with a whisk. Divide mixture evenly among shells, pressing gently. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note