- 6 small zucchini (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 cup (8 ounces) Homemade Ricotta Cheese
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Parsley sprigs (optional)
- calories 59
- caloriesfromfat 43 %
- fat 2.8 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- monofat 0.8 g
- polyfat 0.2 g
- protein 5.5 g
- carbohydrate 3.5 g
- fiber 0.8 g
- cholesterol 9 mg
- iron 0.5 mg
- sodium 158 mg
- calcium 129 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch-thick shell. Reserve pulp for another use. Arrange zucchini shells in a single layer in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
Combine basil and next 7 ingredients (through pepper), stirring well with a whisk. Divide mixture evenly among shells, pressing gently. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.