I used butternut squash instead of zucchini and we really liked it. I wouldn't say I'd make it for a special occasion but a very good weeknight family recipe.
Roasted Zucchini and Black Bean Tostadas with Crisp Radish Relish
More From Cooking Light
Total: 35 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 300
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 10g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 469mg
- Calcium: 151mg
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons unsalted pumpkinseed kernels, toasted
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 large zucchini (about 1 pound), quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large poblano chile, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted black beans, undrained
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons 1% low-fat milk
- 4 teaspoons picante sauce (such as Valentina)
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients and 1 tablespoon lime juice in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 2. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 3. Place zucchini and poblano on a jelly-roll pan; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- 4. Combine garlic, beans, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a simmer. Cook 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Coarsely mash with a potato masher.
- 5. Lightly coat both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Arrange tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 6 minutes. Turn tortillas over; bake an additional 3 minutes or until crispy.
- 6. Combine sour cream, milk, and remaining 1 teaspoon lime juice in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- 7. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates. Layer each tortilla with about 2 tablespoons bean mixture, 1/4 cup zucchini mixture, 1 teaspoon sour cream mixture, 1/2 teaspoon picante sauce, and about 2 tablespoons radish mixture. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note