My only issue with this recipe was the length of cooking time recommended for the corn tortilla which rendered them like shoe leather however the beans were fine, the roasted zucchini and poblano pepper mixture was divine and the radish relish is really a keeper that I will make again
Roasted Zucchini and Black Bean Tostadas with Crisp Radish Relish
More From Cooking Light
Total: 35 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 300
- Fat: 8.6g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.8g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 2g
- Protein: 12g
- Carbohydrate: 47g
- Fiber: 10g
- Cholesterol: 4mg
- Iron: 3mg
- Sodium: 469mg
- Calcium: 151mg
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons unsalted pumpkinseed kernels, toasted
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 teaspoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 2 large zucchini (about 1 pound), quartered lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 large poblano chile, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted black beans, undrained
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 teaspoons 1% low-fat milk
- 4 teaspoons picante sauce (such as Valentina)
- 1. Combine first 5 ingredients and 1 tablespoon lime juice in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 2. Preheat oven to 450°.
- 3. Place zucchini and poblano on a jelly-roll pan; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss to coat. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- 4. Combine garlic, beans, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan over medium heat; bring to a simmer. Cook 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Coarsely mash with a potato masher.
- 5. Lightly coat both sides of tortillas with cooking spray. Arrange tortillas in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 450° for 6 minutes. Turn tortillas over; bake an additional 3 minutes or until crispy.
- 6. Combine sour cream, milk, and remaining 1 teaspoon lime juice in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk until smooth.
- 7. Place 2 tortillas on each of 4 plates. Layer each tortilla with about 2 tablespoons bean mixture, 1/4 cup zucchini mixture, 1 teaspoon sour cream mixture, 1/2 teaspoon picante sauce, and about 2 tablespoons radish mixture. Serve immediately.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This