I followed recipe to a "T" and mine didn't come out anything like the picture. There wasn't enough liquid to make a 'muffin'. The flavour was good but they just looked like when I put them into the muffin cups.....What did I do wrong???? I was hoping these would take the place of the old Bisquick ones I made for years at this time of year......
Zucchini Bites [Curious Country Cook]
http://curiouscountrycook.blogspot.ca/2012/03/zucchini-tots.html The original name for these was Zucchini Bites, which was okay. But when these were baking, they smelled just like tater tots. I changed up the recipe a little (by using seasoned bread crumbs,parm. cheese, & I drained the zucchini) so I decided to change the name too and called them "Zucchini Tots instead.And "tots" does mean small and these are small (baked in a mini muffin pan) so the name fits.
Yield: 1 serving
Community Recipe from
- 1 cup(s) zucchini grated
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup(s) yellow onion diced
- 1/4 cup(s) cheese (cheddar or Parmesan work the best)
- 1/4 cup(s) bread crumbs (I used Italian Style)
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and Pepper
- [Recipe adapted: The Naptime Chef, http://www.thenaptimechef.com/2010/07/summer-zucchini-bites-webisode-22/]
- 1. Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a mini-muffin tin with non-stick spray, set aside.
- 2. Grate the zucchini and then place in a dish towel to squeeze out the excess water- like when using frozen spinach; if you skip this part, the middle of the zucchini tots will be really soggy while the outside gets crispy and no one wants that.
- 3. In a bowl combine, the egg, onion, cheese, bread crumbs, zucchini, parsley, salt and pepper.
- 4. Using a spoon or a cookie scoop, fill the muffin cups to the top. Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until the top is browned and set.
- yields: 12 mini-muffin sized bites
This recipe is a personal recipe added by KellyDiff and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Zucchini Bites [Curious Country Cook] Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables
More Recipes for Main Dishes