This is REALLY good! I have made it a few times. The only problem is I have a lot of trouble turning it without breaking it all up! But even with that problem, it's still really good. My 6 year old and my husband like it as well.
Zucchini Angel Hair Pancake
Photo: John Autry; Styling: Cindy Barr
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 wedges and 2 tablespoons marinara)
More From Cooking Light
Total: 35 Minutes
Amount per serving
- Calories: 401
- Fat: 11.2g
- Saturated fat: 5.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.6g
- Protein: 16.7g
- Carbohydrate: 65.9g
- Fiber: 3.2g
- Cholesterol: 109mg
- Iron: 3.1mg
- Sodium: 598mg
- Calcium: 159mg
- 3 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (8-ounce) package angel hair pasta, broken into 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce
- 1.5 ounces all-purpose flour (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1. Place zucchini in a colander, and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon salt. Toss well. Drain for 20 minutes, tossing occasionally. Press zucchini between paper towels until barely moist.
- 2. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- 3. Bring marinara to a simmer in a small saucepan; keep warm.
- 4. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup, and level with a knife. Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, flour, and the next 9 ingredients in a large bowl. Add zucchini and pasta to bowl; toss well.
- 5. Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add zucchini mixture to pan, pressing down. Cook for 5 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Carefully turn pancake over; cook 5 minutes or until bottom is lightly browned. Cut into 8 wedges. Serve with marinara.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes