Very Yummy! I make it for my morning breakfast for the week!
More From Allyou
- Calories: 137
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 7g
- Carbohydrate: 10g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 223mg
- Sodium: 539mg
- 1 large or 2 medium waxy potatoes (about 10 oz.), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces (2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 small zucchini (about 5 oz.), cut into 2-by-1/4-inch strips (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 8 eggs
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium saucepan, combine potatoes, 1 tsp. salt and cold water to cover. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork, about 10 minutes. Drain potatoes well in a colander.
- In a 10-inch, ovenproof, nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add red onions and cook until soft, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes longer. Add potato, zucchini, mint, remaining 1 tsp. salt and pepper and cook until zucchini is softened, about 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and vinegar with a fork. Pour egg mixture over vegetables in skillet and stir to blend. Cook undisturbed over medium heat until side begins to set but center is still wet and bubbling, about 3 minutes.
- Place skillet in oven and cook until eggs are set, rotating pan once for even cooking, about 10 minutes. To serve, loosen frittata from skillet and cut into wedges from pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Frittata may be made up to 4 hours ahead.
This recipe also appeared in the March 2006 issue.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note