Ziti with Mixed Mushrooms & Sausage Ragu
Clean Eating 3/2013
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 20 ounce(s) mixed mushrooms
- 2 clove(s) garlic chopped
- s&p to taste
- Cooking spray
- 6-8 ounce(s) turkey sausage Remove casings
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- fresh thyme
- 8 ounce(s) whole wheat ziti
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parmesan grated
- In large skillet on medium high, heat oil. Add mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until liquid evaporated; reduce heat to medium and continue to cook until tender & lightly browned (approx 10minutes). Add garlic, s&p and cook 1 minute, stirring continuously. Transfer to medium bowl, set aside.
- Spray skillet with oil spray and return to medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook thoroughly. Add 1 cup milk, tomato paste and bring to simmer, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Make roux with 1 tbsp milk & flour add to milk/tomato mixture to thicken. Stir in mushrooms & herbs, heat through and reomve from heat.
- Cook pasta al dente, drain. Thoroghly mix pasta & mushrooms, top with cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kenders and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note