Ziti with Mixed Mushrooms & Sausage Ragu
Community Recipe from
- 1 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 20 ounce(s) mixed mushrooms
- 2 clove(s) garlic chopped
- s&p to taste
- Cooking spray
- 6-8 ounce(s) turkey sausage Remove casings
- 1 cup(s) milk
- 1 tablespoon(s) tomato paste
- fresh thyme
- 8 ounce(s) whole wheat ziti
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh parmesan grated
- In large skillet on medium high, heat oil. Add mushrooms, stirring occasionally, until liquid evaporated; reduce heat to medium and continue to cook until tender & lightly browned (approx 10minutes). Add garlic, s&p and cook 1 minute, stirring continuously. Transfer to medium bowl, set aside.
- Spray skillet with oil spray and return to medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook thoroughly. Add 1 cup milk, tomato paste and bring to simmer, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to medium-low.
- Make roux with 1 tbsp milk & flour add to milk/tomato mixture to thicken. Stir in mushrooms & herbs, heat through and reomve from heat.
- Cook pasta al dente, drain. Thoroghly mix pasta & mushrooms, top with cheese.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by kenders and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes