Ziti with Honey Mustard Salmon
- 1 pound salmon fillet
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon grainy or Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 3/4 pound ziti
- 1. Heat the oven to 400°. Lightly oil a small roasting pan. Put the salmon in the pan, skin side down. Spread the honey over the salmon and then sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper. Roast the salmon until just barely done, about 12 minutes, depending upon the thickness of the fillet. Remove from the oven.
- 2. In a medium saucepan, heat the oil over moderately low heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the wine and simmer until about 1 tablespoon remains, about 2 minutes. Whisk in the mustard, cream, salt, and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Turn off the heat. Flake the salmon and stir it and the parsley into the sauce.
- 3. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the ziti until just done, about 13 minutes. Drain the pasta and toss with the sauce.
- Wine Recommendation: With the sweetness of the honey and the heat and acidity of the mustard, a fruity red wine such as a slightly chilled California pinot noir would be an excellent choice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes