Ziti With Butternut Squash, Chicken, Sage, and Pine Nuts
Prep: 15 min., Cook: 30 min.
Yield: Makes 4 to 6 servings
- 1 (16-ounce) box ziti pasta
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 6 fresh sage leaves
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: fresh sage leaves
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
- 2. Heat nuts in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes or until toasted.
- 3. Sauté sage leaves and shallots in 3 tablespoons hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add chicken; sauté 5 minutes or until done. Remove from skillet. Add squash and broth. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 7 to 8 minutes or just until squash is tender.
- 4. Toss together squash, pasta, and chicken in a large serving platter or bowl. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and top with cheese and pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes