- 1 (16-ounce) box ziti pasta
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 6 fresh sage leaves
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/4- to 1/2-inch cubes
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Garnish: fresh sage leaves
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and keep warm.
Heat nuts in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring often, 2 to 3 minutes or until toasted.
Sauté sage leaves and shallots in 3 tablespoons hot oil in a large skillet over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Add chicken; sauté 5 minutes or until done. Remove from skillet. Add squash and broth. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 7 to 8 minutes or just until squash is tender.
Toss together squash, pasta, and chicken in a large serving platter or bowl. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, and top with cheese and pine nuts. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish, if desired.