Zippy Cranberry Appetizer Recipe
Community Recipe from
- Zippy Cranberry Appetizer Recipe
- Zippy Cranberry Appetizer Recipe photo by Taste of Home
- Read reviews(7)
- Rate recipe
- Tart cranberry flavor blends nicely with mustard and horseradish in this out-of-the-ordinary cracker spread. It's quick to fix, too. —Marie Hattrup, Sparks, Nevada
- This recipe is:
- Grocery List
- Recipe Box
- Zippy Cranberry Appetizer RecipePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- Yield: 10 Servings
- 10 10 20
- •1/2 cup Imperial Sugar® / Dixie Crystals® Granulated Sugar
- •1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- •1 cup water
- •1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries
- •1 to 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- •1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- •1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- •Assorted crackers
- •In a large saucepan, bring sugars and water to a boil over medium heat. Stir in cranberries; return to a boil. Cook for 10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- • Stir in horseradish and mustard. Transfer to a large bowl; refrigerate until chilled. Just before serving, spread cream cheese over crackers; top with cranberry mixture. Yield: 2-1/2 cups.
- Nutritional Facts 1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 178 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 114 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
- Originally published as Zippy Cranberry Appetizer in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p13
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Zippy Cranberry Appetizer Recipe Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Appetizers