Zippy Black-Bean Burritos
Community Recipe from
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped green bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup(s) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper, cumin, oregano, and garlic; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in vinegar and tomatoes; reduce heat to medium, and cook 10 minutes. Stir in beans; cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 2. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon about 1/2 cup bean mixture down center of each tortilla using a slotted spoon. Sprinkle each serving with 1/4 cup cheese, and roll up. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired. Yield: 4 servings: (serving size: 1 tortilla).
- Calories: 283; Fat: 8 g; Protein: 15.1 g; Carb: 41.6 g; Chol: 6 mg; Sodium: 1,100 mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 8stringfan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Zippy Black-Bean Burritos Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes
More Recipes for Main Dishes