Zippy Black-Bean Burritos
Yet another of the many CL recipes that were lost when they moved the site to myrecipes.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 teaspoon(s) olive oil
- 3/4 cup(s) chopped green bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon(s) red wine vinegar
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and green chiles, undrained
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans rinsed and drained
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1 cup(s) reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro leaves
- 1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper, cumin, oregano, and garlic; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in vinegar and tomatoes; reduce heat to medium, and cook 10 minutes. Stir in beans; cook 5 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- 2. Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon about 1/2 cup bean mixture down center of each tortilla using a slotted spoon. Sprinkle each serving with 1/4 cup cheese, and roll up. Garnish with fresh cilantro, if desired. Yield: 4 servings: (serving size: 1 tortilla).
- Calories: 283; Fat: 8 g; Protein: 15.1 g; Carb: 41.6 g; Chol: 6 mg; Sodium: 1,100 mg
This recipe is a personal recipe added by 8stringfan and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Zippy Black-Bean Burritos Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes