This recipe goes with Buttermilk Panna Cotta With Zinfandel-Poached Figs
Yield: Makes about 1 1/2 cups
More From Southern Living
Total: 1 Hour, 25 Minutes
- 1 cup halved dried Mission figlets
- 1 cup red Zinfandel wine*
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split**
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1. Combine figlets, wine, apricots, and remaining 4 ingredients in a small saucepan.
- 2. Bring fig mixture to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally, 10 to 12 minutes or until mixture is slightly thickened.
- 3. Scrape seeds from vanilla bean into fig mixture; discard vanilla bean. Cool 1 hour.
- 4. Serve immediately, or cover and chill until ready to serve.
- *1 cup cranberry-grape juice cocktail and 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar may be substituted.
- **1/2 tsp. vanilla extract may be substituted. (Stir extract into figs after removing saucepan from heat.)
- Note: Store in an airtight container in refrigerator up to 2 weeks. If chilled, let stand at room temperature 30 minutes before serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This