- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 large green cabbage, chopped
- 1 medium-size green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimiento, drained
- 1 medium onion, chopped (optional)
How to Make It
Microwave first 7 ingredients in a 1-quart glass bowl at HIGH 3 to 4 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring once. Let cool.
Combine cabbage, bell pepper, pimiento, and, if desired, onion in a bowl. Drizzle with dressing, tossing to coat. Cover and chill at least 8 hours or up to 3 days.