These wraps were yummy, but I would alter the ingredient ratios somewhat. Because both the tomatoes and tapenade are such bold flavors, I might recommend choosing one and not the other. I also think there was a little too much watercress, and would use 2 tofu slices per wrap, not one. It didn't seem worthwhile to cook the tofu in the lemon juice mixture, and I would omit it or use it as a marinade first, rather than just cooking the tofu in it for 1 minute.
Zesty Tofu Wraps with Olive Tapenade
Becky Luigart-Stayner; Melanie J. Clarke
Refrigerate the tapenade for up to a week. Make extra to use as a sandwich spread or as an appetizer served with bread.
Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 wrap)
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 312
- Calories from fat: 29%
- Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4.5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.4g
- Protein: 14.7g
- Carbohydrate: 44g
- Fiber: 4.4g
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- Iron: 3.6mg
- Sodium: 960mg
- Calcium: 199mg
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/4 cup oil-cured black olives, pitted
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, packed without oil
- 1 pound extra-firm tofu, drained
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/3 cups (1/4-inch-thick) slices red onion, separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 cups trimmed watercress (about 1 bunch)
- To prepare tapenade, place first four ingredients in a food processor; pulse 2 to 3 times or until minced. Set aside.
- To prepare wraps, combine 2 cups boiling water and sun-dried tomatoes in a bowl; let stand 30 minutes or until soft. Drain and chop. Set aside.
- Cut tofu lengthwise into quarters. Place tofu slices on several layers of paper towels; cover with additional paper towels. Let stand about 20 minutes or until barely moist.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Place in a bowl; stir in balsamic vinegar.
- Combine lemon juice and next 6 ingredients (lemon juice through garlic) in a small bowl. Heat pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add tofu; cook 6 minutes, browning on all sides. Stir in lemon juice mixture; cook 1 minute or until sauce thickens.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spread 2 tablespoons tapenade evenly over each tortilla. Top each tortilla with 1 tofu piece, about 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes, 1/3 cup onion, and 1 cup watercress; roll up.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Zesty Tofu Wraps with Olive Tapenade Recipe at a Glance