I agree with other reviewers- this is a very tasty soup. It was extremely fast to make, my husband loved it which is always a plus and I cannot wait to make it again. We enjoyed the potato in the soup- it gave it a nice buttery flavor. Next time I will use greek yogurt instead of the sour cream to try something new. A great soup to serve as a starter!
Zesty Spinach Soup
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 119
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 15.5g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 637mg
- Calcium: 90mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion (1 small)
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup (1/2-inch) diced Yukon Gold potato
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream, divided
- Reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add broth and next 3 ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until potato is very tender, stirring occasionally. Add spinach; cover and cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- 2. Place half of soup and 1/4 cup sour cream in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining soup and 1/4 cup sour cream.
- 3. Pour soup evenly into 4 bowls. Top each with a dollop of additional sour cream, if desired, and 1/4 teaspoon lemon rind.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Soups/Stews