One of my favorites! Delicious, even re-heated for lunch the next day. Love love love!
Zesty Spinach Soup
Grated lemon rind brightens the fresh flavor of this vegetarian soup. For an effortless meal, serve it with Crostini with Sun-Dried Tomato and White Bean Spread.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 119
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 4.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.8g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.3g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.3g
- Protein: 3.5g
- Carbohydrate: 15.5g
- Fiber: 2.7g
- Cholesterol: 8mg
- Iron: 2.5mg
- Sodium: 637mg
- Calcium: 90mg
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups chopped onion (1 small)
- 2 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 cup (1/2-inch) diced Yukon Gold potato
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream, divided
- Reduced-fat sour cream (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; sauté 3 minutes. Add broth and next 3 ingredients. Cover and bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until potato is very tender, stirring occasionally. Add spinach; cover and cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- 2. Place half of soup and 1/4 cup sour cream in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid (to allow steam to escape); secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid (to avoid splatters). Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining soup and 1/4 cup sour cream.
- 3. Pour soup evenly into 4 bowls. Top each with a dollop of additional sour cream, if desired, and 1/4 teaspoon lemon rind.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note