Yummy! Cooked on low for 10 hours. I made the thick version of the gravy and added a little salt and pepper to it.
Zesty Slow-Cooker Italian Pot Roast
- 4 medium potatoes, cut into quarters (4 cups)
- 2 cups fresh OR frozen whole baby carrots
- 1 stalk celery, cut into 1
- 1 medium Italian plum tomato, diced
- 2 1/2 pounds beef bottom round roast or 0 lb. beef chuck pot roast
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (10 3/4 oz.) Campbell's® Condensed Tomato Soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted garlic * or 1 tbsp. garlic
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil leaves, dried oregano leaves and dried parsley flakes, crushed
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- PLACE potatoes, carrots, celery and tomato in 3 1/2-qt. slow cooker. Season roast with pepper and place on top.
MIX soup, water, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley and vinegar. Pour over all.
COVER and cook on LOW 10 to 12 hr. or until done.**
TIP: For thicker gravy, mix 1/4 cup all-purpose flour and 1/2 cup water. Remove roast from cooker. Stir flour mixture into cooker, cover and cook on HIGH about 10 min. or until mixture boils and thickens.
*To roast garlic, place whole garlic bulb on piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with vegetable oil and wrap. Roast at 350°F. for 45 min. or until soft. Peel and chop garlic.
**Or on HIGH 5 to 6 hr.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note