Zesty Seared Chicken
Sautéed green beans with red bell pepper strips make a colorful accompaniment to this dish.
Yield: 4 servings
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Hot cooked couscous
- Garnish: chopped green onions
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a shallow dish or large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add chicken. Cover or seal, and chill 30 minutes, turning chicken occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Cook chicken in hot oil in a large skillet over high heat 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; turn, and cook 10 minutes or until done. Serve with hot cooked couscous. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes