Zesty Seared Chicken
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 skinned and boned chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Hot cooked couscous
- Garnish: chopped green onions
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a shallow dish or large heavy-duty zip-top plastic bag; add chicken. Cover or seal, and chill 30 minutes, turning chicken occasionally.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discarding marinade.
- Cook chicken in hot oil in a large skillet over high heat 4 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low; turn, and cook 10 minutes or until done. Serve with hot cooked couscous. Garnish, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note