Zesty Santa Fe Salsa
Top an ordinary baked potato with this salsa, sour cream, and cheese for a super Tex-Mex meal.
Yield: Makes 4 1/2 cups
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can HUNT'S Petite Diced Tomatoes with Mild Green Chilies
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from canned chipotle peppers)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Garnish: jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced lengthwise, forming a fan
- Tortilla or corn chips
- Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, and cook, covered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Process 1 cup tomato mixture in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides; return to saucepan.
- Stir in black beans, corn, and salt; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Garnish, if desired. Serve with your choice of chips.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note