- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can HUNT'S Petite Diced Tomatoes with Mild Green Chilies
- 1/2 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce (from canned chipotle peppers)
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- Garnish: jalapeño pepper, seeded and sliced lengthwise, forming a fan
- Tortilla or corn chips
How to Make It
Sauté onion and garlic in hot oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until tender. Add tomatoes and next 3 ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, and cook, covered, 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Process 1 cup tomato mixture in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides; return to saucepan.
Stir in black beans, corn, and salt; cook 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated. Stir in cilantro and lime juice. Garnish, if desired. Serve with your choice of chips.