Zesty Quinoa Salad
"This bright and colorful salad is a great summertime recipe (or anytime you want to feel like it's summertime). Light and citrusy, it's a whole new way to enjoy quinoa. Lime juice and cilantro give a refreshing kick, while quinoa and black beans provide tasty vegan protein. If you're not vegan, add even more protein by adding chunks of chicken or turkey. Yum!"
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 cup(s) quinoa
- 2 cup(s) water
- 1/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
- 2 limes juiced
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cup(s) cherry tomatoes halved
- 1- 15 oz can(s) black beans drained and rinsed
- 5 green onions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) fresh cilantro chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- 2. Whisk olive oil, lime juice, cumin, 1 teaspoon salt, and red pepper flakes together in a bowl.
- 3. Combine quinoa, tomatoes, black beans, and green onions together in a bowl. Pour dressing over quinoa mixture; toss to coat. Stir in cilantro; season with salt and black pepper. Serve immediately or chill in refrigerator.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by HamiltonSR and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Zesty Quinoa Salad Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Salads