Southern Living AUGUST 2006
1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
2. Toss squash and zucchini slices with 1 Tbsp. oil in a large bowl; sprinkle vegetables with 1 tsp. Creole mixture. Arrange seasoned vegetables on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet; set aside.
3. Stir remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil into remaining Creole mixture. Rub mixture evenly on boneless pork loin roast.
4. Place roast on a lightly greased rack in a roasting pan. Place pan on middle rack in oven.
5. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes.
6. Place vegetables in oven on lowest rack, and bake, with roast, 15 to 20 more minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of pork registers 155º. Remove roast and vegetables from oven. Let roast stand 10 minutes before slicing or until meat thermometer registers 160º.
Zesty Grilled Pork Chops: Toss vegetables with 1 Tbsp. oil, and sprinkle with 1 tsp. Creole mixture as directed. Do not place on baking sheet. Substitute 6 (1 1/4-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops for pork loin roast. Stir remaining oil into remaining Creole mixture. Rub evenly on pork chops. Grill vegetables and pork chops over high heat (400° to 500°) 3 minutes on each side or until pork is done. Makes 6 servings. Prep: 10 min., Grill: 6 min.
Go to full version of