This recipe is outstanding! We enjoyed this flavorful impressive dinner after not too much effort in preparation. I skipped the zucchini and instead threw in diced red potatoes and sliced onions with the yellow squash. I reduced the amount of oil to 2.5 tsp (1.5 for veggies, 1 for rub) and felt it was perfectly flavored and seasoned. I will be making this again and not changing a thing. I did take another reviewer's advice and cooked to 145 and let it stand for 10 minutes.
Zesty Pork Roast With Vegetables
More From Southern Living
Stand Time: 10 Minutes
- 2 teaspoons Creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 medium-size yellow squash, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 (3- to 4-lb.) boneless pork loin roast
- 1. Combine first 3 ingredients in a small bowl.
- 2. Toss squash and zucchini slices with 1 Tbsp. oil in a large bowl; sprinkle vegetables with 1 tsp. Creole mixture. Arrange seasoned vegetables on an aluminum foil-lined baking sheet; set aside.
- 3. Stir remaining 1 Tbsp. olive oil into remaining Creole mixture. Rub mixture evenly on boneless pork loin roast.
- 4. Place roast on a lightly greased rack in a roasting pan. Place pan on middle rack in oven.
- 5. Bake at 425° for 30 minutes.
- 6. Place vegetables in oven on lowest rack, and bake, with roast, 15 to 20 more minutes or until a meat thermometer inserted into thickest portion of pork registers 155º. Remove roast and vegetables from oven. Let roast stand 10 minutes before slicing or until meat thermometer registers 160º.
- Zesty Grilled Pork Chops: Toss vegetables with 1 Tbsp. oil, and sprinkle with 1 tsp. Creole mixture as directed. Do not place on baking sheet. Substitute 6 (1 1/4-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops for pork loin roast. Stir remaining oil into remaining Creole mixture. Rub evenly on pork chops. Grill vegetables and pork chops over high heat (400° to 500°) 3 minutes on each side or until pork is done. Makes 6 servings. Prep: 10 min., Grill: 6 min.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note