- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 (10-oz.) package frozen diced onion, red and green bell peppers, and celery
- 2 (10 3/4-oz.) cans CAMPBELL'S Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 (10-oz.) cans mild diced tomatoes and green chiles
- 1 teaspoon Mexican-style chili powder*
- 3 cups shredded deli-roasted chicken
- 3 cups freshly grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3 cups coarsely crumbled lime-flavored white corn tortilla chips
- Garnishes: fresh cilantro sprigs, lime wedges
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 400°. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add frozen vegetables, and sauté 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Transfer to a medium bowl; stir in soup, diced tomatoes, and chili powder.
Layer half of chicken in a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Top with half of soup mixture and 1 cup Cheddar cheese. Sprinkle with 1 1/2 cups tortilla chips. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
Bake at 400° for 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Garnish, if desired.
*1 teaspoon chili powder and 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper may be substituted.