This was ok,. I may make again, because it was easy, but it really was nothing special, in my opinion.
Zesty Italian Chicken
More From Health
- Calories: 258
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 36g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 203mg
- Calcium: 51mg
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth (or water)
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Combine flour, Italian seasoning, and pepper in a bowl.
- 3. Dry the chicken breasts with a paper towel, then dredge them in the flour mixture. Pat off excess flour.
- 4. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken breasts and cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 5. Remove chicken from the skillet and place in an ovenproof dish. Bake 10-12 minutes.
- 6. About 3 minutes before the chicken is done, make the sauce. Reheat skillet over medium heat, add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add the broth and simmer until reduced by half. Add the lemon zest, juice, and dressing; cook another minute. Add the parsley and remove from heat.
- 7. Remove the chicken breasts from the oven. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note