This was ok,. I may make again, because it was easy, but it really was nothing special, in my opinion.
Zesty Italian Chicken
This appetizing entrée clocks in at less than 300 calories and is certain to cure your chicken cravings.
More From Health
- Calories: 258
- Fat: 9g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 36g
- Carbohydrate: 7g
- Fiber: 1g
- Cholesterol: 94mg
- Iron: 2mg
- Sodium: 203mg
- Calcium: 51mg
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth (or water)
- Zest and juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°.
- 2. Combine flour, Italian seasoning, and pepper in a bowl.
- 3. Dry the chicken breasts with a paper towel, then dredge them in the flour mixture. Pat off excess flour.
- 4. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add chicken breasts and cook 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 5. Remove chicken from the skillet and place in an ovenproof dish. Bake 10-12 minutes.
- 6. About 3 minutes before the chicken is done, make the sauce. Reheat skillet over medium heat, add garlic, and sauté 1 minute. Add the broth and simmer until reduced by half. Add the lemon zest, juice, and dressing; cook another minute. Add the parsley and remove from heat.
- 7. Remove the chicken breasts from the oven. Spoon sauce over chicken and serve.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note