- 1 (12-oz.) sourdough baguette, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices
- 3 HASS AVOCADOS FROM MEXICO
- 1/2 medium-size jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 cup crumbled queso fresco (fresh Mexican cheese)
- Garnish: fresh cilantro sprig
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°. Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until toasted, turning after 8 minutes.
Meanwhile, cut avocados in half. Scoop pulp into a bowl, and mash with a pastry blender or fork until slightly chunky. Stir in jalapeño, garlic, 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh cilantro, 1 Tbsp. finely chopped red onion, 2 Tbsp. fresh lime juice, and 3/4 tsp. salt. Cover with plastic wrap, allowing plastic wrap to touch mixture, until ready to serve.
Toss grape tomatoes with remaining 1 Tbsp. each chopped fresh cilantro, red onion, fresh lime juice, and 1/4 tsp. salt.
Top each bread round with avocado mixture. Spoon tomato mixture over avocado mixture using a slotted spoon or fork. Sprinkle with crumbled queso fresco. Garnish, if desired.