KitchenAid® JULY 2010
1. Assemble the KitchenAid® Roto Slicer & Chopper attachment with coarse shredding cone and attach to the KitchenAid® Stand Mixer. Turn to Speed 4 and shred carrots, celery and onion, making sure to position carrots and celery horizontally in chopper.
2. Heat olive oil in large pot over medium heat. Add shredded vegetables and garlic. Continue cooking over medium heat until vegetables are softened, about 5 minutes.
3. Add tomatoes, vegetable stock and bay leaves. Bring mixture to a boil, then reduce heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are tender, about 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and remove bay leaves.
5. Blend using KitchenAid® Immersion Blender--or a regular blender in several batches--until vegetables are pureed. Add horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, celery salt, and pepper; mix thoroughly until seasonings are combined.
Serve immediately, with croutons.
To purchase the KitchenAid® products used in this recipe, please visit www.shopkitchenaid.com
Go to Full Version of