Amount per serving
- Calories: (2 cups) 621
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Sodium: 516mg
- Cholesterol: 221mg
- 1/4 pound uncooked farfalle (bow-tie pasta)
- 4 ounce medium precooked shrimp
- 1/4 bunch asparagus (about 6 medium spears), cut into pieces about 1 inch long
- 6 grape tomatoes, halved, or cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Italian vinaigrette
- 6 leaves fresh basil
- Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: About 12 minutes
1. Cook farfalle according to package directions. Put a colander in the sink and place the shrimp in the colander.
2. Add asparagus to the pasta water for the last 4 minutes of cooking (if the asparagus is thin, add it for the last 2 minutes).
Drain the pasta and asparagus over the shrimp in the colander.
Return everything to the pot. Add the tomatoes and vinaigrette and toss.
Snip the basil into ribbons with scissors and toss with the pasta.
Kid-friendly version: Double the recipe and omit the fresh basil for extra-picky eaters.
How kids can help: Measure pasta; place shrimp in colander; count asparagus, tomatoes, and basil leaves; wash veggies.
For an authentic Italian flavor, top the pasta with fresh, grated parmesan cheese and toasted pine nuts
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note