I don't know what I was missing. I followed the recipe exactly and I really wasn't that impressed with the flavor at all. It just seemed a bit one note to me. It did have a distinct citrus flavor but I found the crust got mushy after baking. I won't be making this again.
Zesty Citrus Chicken
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 332
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 41.5g
- Carbohydrate: 29.9g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 533mg
- Calcium: 56mg
- 6 limes
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (about 2 1/4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour or all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 12 thin orange slices
- Grate rind from limes, reserving 2 tablespoons rind; set aside. Squeeze juice from limes to equal 3/4 cup.
- Combine lime juice, lemon juice, and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove chicken from bag, reserving 2 tablespoons marinade. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, paprika, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour mixture. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add 3 chicken breast halves; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Place chicken in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and chicken.
- Combine lime rind and brown sugar; sprinkle over chicken. Combine reserved marinade and broth; drizzle around chicken. Top each chicken breast half with 2 orange slices. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until chicken is done. Place chicken on a serving platter. Strain any remaining liquid in dish through a fine mesh sieve over a bowl. Discard solids. Spoon sauce over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note