Loved this one - I'd like to try it with only coconut flour and see how it does, since I have some g-f friends who would likely enjoy this too. I marinated the chicken overnight, and definitely found the result to be tender, juicy, and a fabulous citrus-coconut taste. I almost poured the marinade/broth mixture OVER the chicken, fortunately corrected myself so I didn't ruin the crust of the chicken. Served this with whole-wheat couscous to soak up the sauce, next time will stir some unsweetened toasted coconut flakes into the couscous as well, to play up that flavor with the chicken. This definitely ranks as a regular-rotation recipe.
Zesty Citrus Chicken
More From Cooking Light
Amount per serving
- Calories: 332
- Calories from fat: 14%
- Fat: 5.1g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.8g
- Protein: 41.5g
- Carbohydrate: 29.9g
- Fiber: 3.8g
- Cholesterol: 99mg
- Iron: 2.2mg
- Sodium: 533mg
- Calcium: 56mg
- 6 limes
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 4 lemons)
- 6 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (about 2 1/4 ounces)
- 1/4 cup coconut flour or all-purpose flour (about 1 ounce)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 12 thin orange slices
- Grate rind from limes, reserving 2 tablespoons rind; set aside. Squeeze juice from limes to equal 3/4 cup.
- Combine lime juice, lemon juice, and chicken in a large zip-top plastic bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Remove chicken from bag, reserving 2 tablespoons marinade. Pat chicken dry with paper towels. Lightly spoon flours into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flours, paprika, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge chicken in flour mixture. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add 3 chicken breast halves; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Place chicken in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Repeat procedure with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil and chicken.
- Combine lime rind and brown sugar; sprinkle over chicken. Combine reserved marinade and broth; drizzle around chicken. Top each chicken breast half with 2 orange slices. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until chicken is done. Place chicken on a serving platter. Strain any remaining liquid in dish through a fine mesh sieve over a bowl. Discard solids. Spoon sauce over chicken.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note