Zesty Cheese Straws
Community Recipe from
- Zesty Cheese Straws
- Recipe By :Paula Deen
- Serving Size : 5
- 1/2 cup butter -- at room temperature
- 1 pound sharp cheddar cheese -- shredded, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Preheat oven to 300º.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add the
- cheese and mix until blended. Add the flour, salt, and red pepper, and
- mix to form a dough. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to firm up the dough,
- then place it in a cookie press, fitted with a ridged tip. Pipe the
- dough in 2-inch strips onto a lightly greased cookie sheet. Bake for
- 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to racks to cool.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by dwanna and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Zesty Cheese Straws Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Breads
More Recipes for Main Dishes