The horseradish really came through in this recipe. It was pretty good with the carrots, though. I grated the carrots with food processor, which was good. I think next time I'd try using only one tablespoon of horseradish. All in all, it was a pretty good recipe and definitely different from the usual carrot dish.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs or panko
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- Cook carrots in boiling salted water to cover in a large saucepan 5 minutes or until tender. Reserve 3 tablespoons liquid, and drain. Spoon carrots into a 2-quart baking dish. Set aside.
- Combine mayonnaise, reserved carrot liquid, onion, and next 4 ingredients. Spoon over carrots.
- Combine breadcrumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole.
- Bake at 375° for 20 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Side Dishes/Vegetables