- 3 (10-ounce) packages frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup chopped onion (about 1/2 medium)
- 1 (8-ounce) can water chestnuts, rinsed, drained, and sliced
- 3/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- calories 141
- caloriesfromfat 31 %
- fat 4.9 g
- satfat 2.6 g
- monofat 1.3 g
- polyfat 0.7 g
- protein 8.6 g
- carbohydrate 17.9 g
- fiber 4.1 g
- cholesterol 15 mg
- iron 1 mg
- sodium 484 mg
- calcium 173 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 375°.
Arrange broccoli in an even layer in an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside.
Combine milk, flour, salt, and pepper in a large saucepan over medium-high heat; bring to a boil. Cook 1 minute or until thick, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add cheddar and cream cheeses; stir until smooth. Stir in mayonnaise, onion, and water chestnuts. Spoon cheese mixture evenly over broccoli.
Place panko in a small bowl. Drizzle with butter, and toss. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over cheese mixture. Lightly spray breadcrumb layer with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 25 minutes or until mixture begins to bubble and breadcrumbs brown.