Simple recipe with great flavor. Of course the success of the recipe is with really fresh, good salmon!! The lemon pepper really makes this.
Zesty Baked Salmon
Give your baked salmon some color and zest by spreading a mixture of green onions, low-fat mayonnaise, and plain fat-free yogurt on top.
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 282
- Calories from fat: 0.0%
- Fat: 13.4g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 36.4g
- Carbohydrate: 1.6g
- Fiber: 0.1g
- Cholesterol: 87mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 293mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- Chopped green onions (optional)
- Lemon wedges (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Place fish, skin side down, in a baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 18 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Combine 2 tablespoons green onions and next 5 ingredients; spread evenly over fish. Bake 2 additional minutes or until sauce is bubbly.
- Serve immediately. If desired, sprinkle with additional chopped green onions, and garnish with lemon wedges.
- Tip: Because it has a higher fat content than many other kinds of fish, salmon stays moist and flavorful even if it's slightly overdone. It's a great choice if you're not used to cooking fish.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note