- 2 eggplants (2 lb. total)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced seeded fresh jalapeño chile
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup diced firm-ripe tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 4 pita breads (6 in. wide), cut into triangles
- calories 145
- caloriesfromfat 25 %
- protein 4.1 g
- fat 4 g
- satfat 0.6 g
- carbohydrate 24 g
- fiber 2.4 g
- sodium 169 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 500°. Pierce each eggplant in one place with a knife. Set in a rimmed pan and bake until very soft when pressed, 20 to 25 minutes. Slit eggplants open and let cool.
Scoop out flesh, finely chop, and put in a bowl; discard peels. Stir mint, green onion, lemon juice, olive oil, chile, and garlic into eggplant. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread mixture on a platter.
Scatter tomatoes and parsley over eggplant. Serve with pita bread.