Zamaani's Nutty Yam Tartlets
This recipe makes a generous number, but the tartlets freeze beautifully, allowing you to keep some on hand.
Yield: Makes about 4 dozen
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon light or dark rum
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 (10-ounce) packages frozen tart shells*
- Whipped cream
- Cook potatoes in boiling water to cover in a Dutch oven 1 hour or until tender; drain. Peel potatoes, and discard skins.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher. Stir in butter until melted. Stir in eggs and next 11 ingredients, blending well. Spoon about 2 tablespoons mixture into each tart shell.
- Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container in freezer, if desired. Serve tartlets with whipped cream.
- * 2 unbaked 9-inch pastry shells may be substituted. Spoon potato mixture evenly into pastry shells; bake as directed.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This