Time: 5 minutes. Zaatar is an herbal, tart Middle Eastern spice blend often used as a dunk for olive oil-dipped bread. It's absolutely delicious with meat.
This recipe goes with Grilled Baby Back Ribs with Zaatar Glaze
More From Sunset
- Calories: 181
- Calories from fat: 70%
- Protein: 1.3g
- Fat: 14g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 0.8g
- Sodium: 99mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup ground sumac*
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients with 1/3 cup water.
- *Buy this tart, ground dried berry in the spice aisle of well-stocked supermarkets.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving, glaze only.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note