- 4 medium Yukon gold potatoes (about 1 3/4 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 4 (5-inch) portobello mushroom caps
- Olive oil-flavored cooking spray
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon light butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 (3/4-ounce) slices provolone cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- Freshly ground black pepper
- calories 307
- fat 7.8 g
- satfat 4.5 g
- protein 11.5 g
- carbohydrate 45.9 g
- cholesterol 21 mg
- iron 0.7 mg
- sodium 741 mg
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fiber 4.2 g
- calcium 205 mg
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 450°.
Place potato in a saucepan; add water to cover. Bring to boil: cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Remove brown gills from undersides of mushrooms using a sharp knife, if desired. Place mushroom caps on a jelly-roll pan, stem side down. Coat with cooking spray; sprinkle with 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bake at 450° for 15 minutes, turning once.
Heat saucepan over medium heat until hot. Add butter and garlic; sauté 1 minute. Add milk, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; stir well. Return potato to saucepan; mash with a potato masher. Spoon 1 cup mashed potato onto each mushroom cap. Top each with
1 slice cheese; sprinkle with onions. Bake at 450° for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese melts. Sprinkle with pepper. Serve immediately.