Yukon Gold and Fresh Herb Potato Salad
More From Sunset
Amount per serving
- Calories: 208
- Calories from fat: 37%
- Protein: 3.9g
- Fat: 8.4g
- Saturated fat: 1.2g
- Carbohydrate: 29g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sodium: 97mg
- Cholesterol: 0.0mg
- 4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3 in. wide)
- 6 tablespoons fruity extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- About 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1. Pour about 1 in. water into a large pot and set a steamer basket* in the bottom. Bring to a boil. Add potatoes, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, until tender when pierced, 25 to 30 minutes. Pour potatoes into a colander in the sink, rinse with cool water, and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- 2. Peel potatoes and slice crosswise into 1/2-in. thick pieces. Put in a large serving bowl.
- 3. In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and 3/4 tsp. salt and drizzle over warm potatoes. Sprinkle with chopped herbs and add pepper and additional salt to taste, mixing gently to coat.
- *Potatoes cook most evenly in a steamer basket, but if you don't have one, fill pot halfway with water and boil potatoes.
- Make ahead: Chill airtight up to 1 day (the salad will become even more flavorful); before serving, bring to room temperature, then stir.
- Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Salads