- 4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 3 in. wide)
- 6 tablespoons fruity extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons Champagne vinegar
- About 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- Freshly ground black pepper
- calories 208
- caloriesfromfat 37 %
- protein 3.9 g
- fat 8.4 g
- satfat 1.2 g
- carbohydrate 29 g
- fiber 2 g
- sodium 97 mg
- cholesterol 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Pour about 1 in. water into a large pot and set a steamer basket* in the bottom. Bring to a boil. Add potatoes, reduce heat, and simmer, covered, until tender when pierced, 25 to 30 minutes. Pour potatoes into a colander in the sink, rinse with cool water, and let stand until cool enough to handle.
Peel potatoes and slice crosswise into 1/2-in. thick pieces. Put in a large serving bowl.
In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, and 3/4 tsp. salt and drizzle over warm potatoes. Sprinkle with chopped herbs and add pepper and additional salt to taste, mixing gently to coat.
*Potatoes cook most evenly in a steamer basket, but if you don't have one, fill pot halfway with water and boil potatoes.
Make ahead: Chill airtight up to 1 day (the salad will become even more flavorful); before serving, bring to room temperature, then stir.
Note: Nutritional analysis is per serving.